Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Job Type: Full-time
Employer: Senior Living company with operations in several Midwestern states
Job Location: St. Louis area (Relocation assistance available)
Human Resource Management Corporation (HRMC) is a professional HR consulting firm dedicated to delivering the highest caliber services to our corporate customers. Our client has engaged HRMC to manage the executive search for a Vice President - Human Resources.
Our Client / Career Opportunity
This organization is an industry leader providing an extensive range of senior living care services. They utilize the latest innovations and technology resources and have operated successfully for several decades. They are actively engaged within each of the communities they serve, partnering with local organizations.
For the selected individual displaying exemplary capabilities as VP-HR, this company is offering a very competitive compensation and benefits package. This includes salary, bonus plan, retirement plan, and one of the best benefits packages in the industry; life and disability insurance, medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage. Relocation expense reimbursement is available.
Job Description Summary
The Vice President - Human Resources is responsible for directing and overseeing all human resource functions across the organization to translate strategic priorities into human resources initiatives and service delivery that promotes the organization's vision. Reports directly to the CEO, collaborates closely with executive management, and represents HR at meetings with the Board of Directors.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, HR or related field. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in HR, with at least 3 years of senior level HR leadership.
- PHR or SPHR Certification desired.
- Background/experience in health care services, assisted living, or hospitality industry preferred.
- Multi-location experience required, and multi-state HR experience preferred.
- Overnight travel; estimated at 10 - 15%.
- Strategic leadership and executive consultation on all HR areas, including; compensation and benefits, employee relations, talent acquisition/retention, performance management and training, and applicable federal and state laws (EEO/AA).
- Provide guidance/coaching to senior management to effectively lead their teams and consult as needed to facilitate performance improvement.
- Formulate and approve long- and short-term goals and objectives, plan and monitor progress, and initiate actions to achieve operational targets within established financial budgets.
- Lead and ensure compensation programs remain competitive within the industry/marketplace (wage/salary structure, pay policies, benefits, etc.).
- Ensure professional development and performance management programs aid in growing the teamís capabilities, drive employee retention and individual career growth.
- Establish and monitor talent acquisition metrics (vacancy rate, turnover, days to fill, etc.) and other key HR metrics supporting service delivery.
- Drive consistency of HR systems and processes throughout the organization.
Essential Core Competencies and Traits
- HR Strategic Vision and Execution
- Exceptional Communication Skills
- Strong Business and HR Operations Leadership
- Integrity, Trust and Collaboration
- Software/Technology Savvy
If you align with the criteria stated above and have interest in learning more about this opportunity, please apply online at
More details regarding the company and position will be shared with candidates who meet the requirements set forth by the company.