Director, Business Operations / Office Manager
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Reporting directly to the President, you will provide direction and coordination of several business operations, including financial, human resources, internal business operations, administrative, and overall management. Your organizational and analytical skills will be essential towards achieving maximum expense control and operational productivity.
- Manage month-end closing adjustments, general ledger reconciliation, and balancing of bank accounts
- Prepare, maintain & analyze monthly financial reports
- Manage process/communication of invoicing and ensure completion in a timely manner
- Coordinate with company accountant; year-end adjustments, filing annual corporate tax returns
- Prepare year-end financial statements and conduct final audit of accounts
- Handle collection, organization, analysis, and support of data for bank loans, tax discrepancies, audits, censuses, and other business transactions
- Maintain personnel records, processing new/terminated employees
- Serve as administrator of company benefit plans (Cafeteria Plan, 401k, LTD & Life & AD&D)
- Ensure company compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations (i.e. Equal Employment Opportunity, posting of federal and state posters)
- Maintain employment agreements and contracts
- Perform complete payroll processing function and handle payroll tax related issues
- Hire, train (as much as possible), supervise, and evaluate administrative support team
- Verify/approve consultant timesheets (monthly); ensure properly documented services and accuracy of billable hours to maintain service quality and profit margin
- Annual review: all insurance policies, update/revise coverage (property, auto, workers comp., professional liability, employer practices liability)
- Review vendor contracts, leases, and agreements for office equipment/services prior to finalization
- Secure documents and protect confidentiality
- Handle applications, renewal & registration of business licenses, loans, personal property tax forms
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Previous exempt level experience as a business operations manager or front office manager would be an advantage. Skills we are looking for include:
- Five or more years of experience as a Leader of Business Operations or as a Front Office Manager
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management, or related field from an accredited 4-year college or university. MBA is a plus.
- Five or more years accounting experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area, including creating financial statements, month-end close, and general ledger functions.
- Comprehensive experience with accounting software, creating/managing spreadsheets, and working with databases
- Knowledge of HR/labor laws and comfort with handling confidential information
- Attention to detail, critical thinking, and proficient time-management skills required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, excellent time management skills (ability to multi-task and prioritize work)
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, in particular)
WHAT WILL YOU RECEIVE?
You will receive competitive pay commensurate with your experience level along with full benefits. We offer/provide the following:
- Profit Sharing & 401(k) matching
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Job Type: Full-time (Monday to Friday) Work Remotely: No
All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or any other protected characteristic.