Director of Human Resources
(Head of HR Operations; Top HR Person)
OUR CLIENT / THE EMPLOYER: HRMC is partnering with a St. Louis based manufacturer in the search for a qualified Director of Human Resources (their top HR Leader). This high-growth and progressive metal products manufacturer has adopted open book financial management, established a company-wide continuous improvement culture, and continuously drives employee satisfaction by conducting annual surveys, tracking results, and addressing concerns.
To further ensure their long-term financial success and ability to attract top talent, this company is in their third year as a 100% employee-owned enterprise!
This person will drive HR guidance in support of this growing people-centric company of nearly 200 employees with production, warehousing, and distribution operations in several U.S. states. The selected candidate for this Director of HR position must reflect the constant and progressive decision-making that has driven the company's operational success and cultivated a dedicated, motivated workforce.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversee and improve talent acquisition systems and ensure company-wide process for ongoing performance management reviews.
- Lead the payroll process, design/administer benefit plans, policies, and guidelines, and oversee workers’ compensation claims.
- Provide organizational leadership and HR analytics data to assist managers in successfully leading teams.
- Ensure health & safety policies are followed, and compliance with all legal and government reporting regulations.
- Identify training and education needs and facilitate the delivery of required workplace training programs.
Experience, Education, and Preferred Background
- Bachelor's degree in HR management, labor law, organizational behavior, or related field (Masters a plus).
- Min. experience of 10 years in HR, with 5 years (min) as a Senior HR Leader.
- Multi-facility and multi-state HR experience preferred.
Essential Candidate Competencies & Traits
- Exceptional Communication Skills & Emotional Intelligence
- Strong Business and HR Operational Leadership
- Foster a Diverse & Inclusive Workplace / Empower & Develop Others
- Software/Technology Savvy
For more details and/or to apply with resume and cover letter, please visit this page: https://HRMCGlobal-team.freshteam.com/jobs/6VgQw_cX3ZD0/Director-of-Human-Resources.
Small Business Office Manager/Bookkeeper
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Reporting directly to the President/Owner, you will provide direction and coordination of several business operations, including financial/accounting, human resources, and business administration. Your organizational and analytical skills will be essential towards achieving maximum expense control and operational productivity.
Prepare, maintain & analyze monthly financial reports. Manage month-end closing, general ledger, and balancing of bank accounts
Oversee A/R and A/P to ensure prompt invoice processing and timely payment of payables
Prepare year-end financial statements and conduct final audit of General Ledger (GL) accounts
Coordinate with outside accountant for year-end adjustments, filing annual corporate tax returns, etc.
Oversee employee Benefits Administration (Cafeteria Plan, 401k, LTD & Life & AD&D)
Maintain employment agreements and contracts
Perform complete payroll processing via 3rd party vendor (make adjustments and handle payroll tax issues)
Review all insurance policies, update/revise coverage (property, auto, workers comp., professional liability, etc.)
Review and advise on vendor contracts, leases, and agreements for office equipment/services
Handle applications, renewal & registration of business licenses, loans, personal property tax forms
Facilitate open communications to ensure progress and productivity of business projects
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Previous exempt level experience as a business operations manager or front office manager would be an advantage. Skills we are looking for include:
5+ years of experience as a business operations leader, or as a front office manager
Education: Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance, Business Management, or related field from an accredited 4-year college or university
3+ years accounting experience with financial reporting and general ledgers
Comprehensive experience with accounting software, creating/managing accounting reports
Attention to detail, critical thinking, and proficient time-management skills
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Ability to work independently and proactively (ability to multi-task and prioritize work)
Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
BENEFITS YOU WILL RECEIVE
HRMC provides competitive pay commensurate with your experience level along with full benefits, including:
- Profit Sharing & 401(k) matching
- Disability, Health, and Life Insurance
- Paid time off
- In-office flexible work schedule, with availability for remote-based work
All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or any other protected characteristic.