Director, Benefits & Compensation
(Head/Sr. Manager of Benefits)
HRMC (a human capital consulting firm) has been retained to manage the entire search process for our client, Rawlings Sporting Goods, an international baseball products icon (official glove, ball, & helmet supplier of MLB). Today, Rawlings specializes in baseball and softball clothing and equipment, producing gloves, bats, balls, protective gear, batting helmets, uniforms, bags, as well as apparel and accessories. So, if you are an experienced benefits and compensation leader and would like to work for the #1 Baseball Company in the World…this may be your opportunity.
Manages and actively participates in all benefits structure and programs for all U.S. based Company locations. Manages daily employee benefits-related activities, including the full-scope of employee benefits administration, plan review, and design. Updates and maintains compensation grade structure and provides hands-on analysis of competitive market rates.
This role is part of a six person HR team operating within a hybrid work environment, reporting to the SVP of Human Resources.
Essential Job Functions
- Manages all aspects of all health and welfare plan administration (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, etc.) including open enrollment, liaison interface for employees/vendors, completion of census requests, etc.
- Serves as point of contact for and benefit partners/vendors, including weekly Benefits Broker calls to stay on top of all benefits and retirement related issues.
- 401(k) Plan Administrator – manages year-end testing, annual audit and 5500 process, and employee financial wellness.
- Administers leave policies to ensure compliance with FMLA regulations. Works with disability carrier to track STD and LTD claims regarding payroll processing.
- Provides payroll review/audit function for salaried and hourly payrolls after each transmission; data entry of HRIS transactions for salaried personnel. Also conducts annual bonus preparation and payment processing.
- Supervisor to Payroll & Benefits Administrator; exposure to payroll processing strongly preferred.
- Analyzes effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines, and procedures. Recommends plan revisions which are cost effective and consistent with compensation trends and corporate objectives. Ensures plan design and administration remains in compliance.
Experience, Education, and Preferred Background
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred, or commensurate applicable experience in specific HR function.
- Preferred certifications include SPHR/PHR, SHRM-SCP/SHRM-CP, CEBS, CCP, CBP, or similar HR/Total Rewards credentials.
- 8 - 10 years of applicable experience in HR including direct compensation and benefit plan administration experience.
- Experience with payroll and HR systems (ADP Workforce Now strongly preferred).
- Working knowledge of COBRA, ADA, FLMA, HIPPA administration, and other required compliance areas.
- Strong HR Generalist experience and willingness to provide support across the department.
- Good understanding of compensation theory and practice including job evaluation, salary administration and knowledge of federal/state regulations related to compensation.
- International payroll experience a plus (specifically Canada, Latin America & Asia).
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Exceptional Communication Skills & Emotional Intelligence
- Strong Business and HR Operational Leadership
- Foster a Diverse & Inclusive Workplace / Empower & Develop Others
- Software/Technology Savvy
Application Process Requirements:
HRMC has been retained to manage the entire search and screening process for Rawlings Sporting Goods and will assess the credentials of each applicant.
NOTE: This position is also posted on Rawlings Careers page. However, prior to scheduling any interviews, ALL individuals that possess the core qualifications will be required to complete HRMC's online application form at his site.
Small Business Office Manager/Bookkeeper
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Reporting directly to the President/Owner, you will provide direction and coordination of several business operations, including financial/accounting, human resources, and business administration. Your organizational and analytical skills will be essential towards achieving maximum expense control and operational productivity.
Prepare, maintain & analyze monthly financial reports. Manage month-end closing, general ledger, and balancing of bank accounts
Oversee A/R and A/P to ensure prompt invoice processing and timely payment of payables
Prepare year-end financial statements and conduct final audit of General Ledger (GL) accounts
Coordinate with outside
accountant for year-end adjustments, filing annual corporate tax returns, etc.
Oversee employee Benefits Administration (Cafeteria Plan, 401k, LTD & Life & AD&D)
Maintain employment agreements and contracts
Perform complete payroll processing via 3rd party vendor (make adjustments and handle payroll tax issues)
Review all insurance policies, update/revise coverage (property, auto, workers comp., professional liability, etc.)
Review and advise on vendor contracts, leases, and agreements for office equipment/services
Handle applications, renewal & registration of business licenses, loans, personal property tax forms
Facilitate open communications to ensure progress and productivity of business projects
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Previous exempt level experience as a business operations manager or front office manager would be an advantage. Skills we are looking for include:
5+ years of experience as a business operations leader, or as a front office manager
Education: Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance, Business Management, or related field from an accredited 4-year college or university
3+ years accounting experience with financial reporting and general ledgers
Comprehensive experience with accounting software, creating/managing accounting reports
Attention to detail, critical thinking, and proficient time-management skills
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Ability to work independently and proactively (ability to multi-task and prioritize work)
Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or any other protected characteristic.
Click Here to Apply: